Water Damage Restoration
Emergency Water Damage Repair
Despite the fact that much of California is still suffering from the longest drought in its history, those long time residents of Berkeley still remember a time or two when the streets of the city flooded. While major rains and overflowing banks can cause massive flooding conditions, There are many other ways flooding of your home or business and water damage can occur even when drought conditions exist. Here are just a few causes of water damage:
- Storms, rain
- Broken water mains
- Breaches in storm drain protocol
- Broken water pipes in your home
- Leaking appliance hoses
- Backed up sinks and tubs
- Broken fish tanks
- Plug or broken toilets
- Leaking roofs
- Leaking basements or crawlspaces
Results of Water Damage
Water does not only cause damage immediately upon entering your home, it can continue to cause damage long after the standing water is removed. Any standing water in your home can sink into walls, floors, and be absorbed by your furniture. If the water and the damage is not tended to immediately it can warp your walls and floors, damage the underlying insulation, and become a breeding ground for bacteria, mold and mildew which can jeopardize your family’s health and cost you thousands of dollars in repairs. The quicker you deal with that water, the less damage your home is likely to suffer and the less costly will be the repairs.
Getting the Help you Need When you Need it
Whenever water damage occurs, you need to take fast action to prevent further water from entering your home, and stop as much damage as possible as quickly as possible. This means getting the help you need when you need it which is why Carpet Cleaning Berkeley’s emergency water damage restoration technicians are on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our technicians will answer your call and rush to your home or business prepared to deal with your water emergency. Here are some of the services that our emergency water damage repair technicians provide:
- Emergency Repairs- The first step in any water damage repair is to prevent further water from entering your home, so our technicians first order of business is to find the source of that water and complete emergency repairs to stop the flow the water.
- Water Removal- Once they have found the source of the water and stemmed the flow, our technicians will then set about removing any standing water from your home using our powerful water extraction equipment.
- Dehumidifying- Once the standing water is removed, we then set up our powerful commercial dehumidifiers and fans to remove any lingering dampness from your floors, walls, furniture, and air. The faster this drying out process takes place the less chance there is of warping or bacteria and mold growth.
- Cleaning up- We also clean up the affected area. Clean up may include such things as carpet and rug cleaning, upholstery cleaning, stain and odor removal, sanitation and mold and mildew treatment.
- Repairs- Once the actually emergency is dealt with, our technicians will work with you to get any necessary repairs done and restore your home to its condition prior to your water emergency.
If you have a water emergency at any time of the day or night give us a call at 510-210-1310 and we will be there to provide you with the help you need.
|We serve the following neighborhoods in Berkeley, CA:Berkeley Marina
La Loma Park
WestbraeWe also serve the areas around Berkeley: Richmond, El Cerrito, Albany, Orinda, Oakland, Alameda and most of the Bay Area.